Saginaw, Michigan, April 1, 2015: The American Society of Baking (ASB) announced the winners of its inaugural Innovation Awards Program at their annual industry conference held in Chicago, Illinois in March. The ASB Innovation Awards program celebrates industry leaders and companies in the grain based food industry for their innovative development and implementation of leading edge products, equipment design and advancements in ingredient technology.
This award for the development of the SmartBake® S6E Ignition Module was presented to Joseph P. Day, CEO and J. Michael Day, President, representing Banner-Day. Each winner was featured in the ASB Innovation Zone that was located in the BakingTech MarketPlace.
SmartBake® S6E by Banner-Day for Operational Excellence
The SmartBake® S6E solid-state ignition module provides a high voltage spark to ignite and then monitor an oven's direct-fired ribbon burners utilizing flame rectification technology.
The features of the SmartBake® S6E module include:
- Burner Ignition and Flame Monitoring
- Controls Burner Solenoid Gas Valve(s)
- 10 second Flame Fail Response Time
- One Automatic Burner Relight Attempt (Up to three when integrated with a SmartBake Total Oven Control System®
- On/Off/Test - Reset Switch
- Dual Color LED Indicating Module/Burner Status
- Power Test Port Jack for Local S6E Module Testing and Adjustment of Burner Operation Independent of the Oven Control System.
- Local or Remote Flame Sensing
- Open and Enclosed (For Dust Protections) Versions Available
Banner-Day is the leading oven automation and optimization specialist serving the large-scale commercial baking industry. They combine over 80 years of design, engineering and project management experience with an intimate knowledge of internal workings of bakery ovens and processes. Banner-Day understands the unique environment of baking where bakers demand precisely controlled oven temperatures and consistency throughout the bake. In addition they serve the food industry with impedance pipe heating system solutions.
The American Society of Baking (ASB) is a professional organization comprising commercial baking professionals, food technologists, engineering, equipment and ingredient experts dedicated to advancing baking and baking science technology.